This page needs updating.
The Marin Senior Information Fair showcases a wide
variety of community resources and businesses that cater to the North Bay’s mature population.
U.S. Census Bureau demographics indicate:
- Median age in Marin is 44.5 years—the oldest among Bay Area counties and older than the state median age of 35.2.
- Approximately 1 in every 4 persons in Marin is age 60 or older.
- 30.1% of Marin County’s 103,210 total households include a resident age 65 or older.
The Association of Bay Area Governments estimates that by year 2035, 48% of Marin County's residents will be over the age of 60. Because the maturing population continues to grow and maintain an active lifestyle, so does the enormous potential and popularity of this annual senior event, now in its 32nd year.
In 1986 the Fair attracted 800 visitors.
In 2016 attendance was more than 5000.
More than 135 businesses and community service organizations participated in 2016:
- Marin County School Volunteers
- Dominican University
- Marin General Hospital
- Whistlestop Wheels
- San Rafael Library
- Marin County Victim Advocates
- SCAN Health plan
- Sutter Care at Home
- AlmaVia of San Rafael
- Associated Students of Emeritus College
- San Rafael Goldenaires
- Legal Aid of the North Bay
- The Tamalpais Buck Center for Research in Aging
- Marin County Division on Aging
- SMART Train
- Drake Terrace
- Hospice By the Bay
- League of Women Voters
- And 116 additional exhibitors
Day-long entertainment includes performances by Bay Area dancers, singers, physical fitness instruction, orchestras, ballroom dancing, computer education, demonstrations, health screenings, art shows, hands on activities, at-booth giveaways, prizes, awards and more.
Broadcast and print personality Jan Wahl emcees the annual event, now in its 32nd year. Each year the Fair features an original and exciting new theme that attracts both fresh attendees and return audiences.
“The Fair is a wonderful opportunity for older people and their families to acquaint themselves with all of the services, and opportunities available in the community, for active seniors and those in need of assistance. ”
Community Representative Founder and
Member Board of Directors